Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Reality Check

Ok, so I think its time for another reality check (before I start looking more spiritual than I really am. . .) This whole blogging thing is super fun, and totally intimidating!! It feels weird to put all these personal, deep thoughts out on cyberspace and then wonder all day what people are thinking or if anyone is even reading it. . . I have decided that I can't recommend blogging to anyone else who suffers from piercing insecurity or obsessive people pleasing tendencies.

That said, I think this is the best thing for me. I may not always be as spiritual as I ought to be, but I do have a knacky ability to turn most anything into a spiritual opportunity. And this, my friends, is my opportunity. It is a chance for me to be open and honest about what I believe, what I'm most passionate about, and how I see God at work in my life and the lives of people around me. It is an opportunity to choose to care more about what God thinks that what you think, and it is my way of processing all of the stuff that goes in and out of my head all day long. . . In the end, I hope and pray that some of the words on these pages serve as an encouragement to you - no matter where you are at in your faith (especially for you girls in my life right now who are each day trying to walk with God despite the pressures that come with being young!). . . but ultimately I know that God will use this process to do a work in me, and for that I am forever grateful!!

So, I'll keep blogging and simultaneously trusting God to draw us all nearer to him however he chooses. . . (and you can pray for my piercing insecurities and obsessive people pleasing tendencies - ha!! lol. . . just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment